Teach Yourself to Draw Anything
The majority of our improvement comes from the time we spend practicing on our own time. Most of us are no stranger to the idea that it takes 10,000 hours to become a master of something. What many of us aren't aware of is that those 10,000 hours must be quality as well. That's where this course comes in.
After going through these videos and trying the routine out yourself you will have a tool to ensure that every time you sit down to draw you are getting better!
What You'll learn
- A 30 minute drawing routine that can be applied to learning to draw anything
- The ability to tailor the routine to be any length that you want
- How to draw from reference photos so that you aren't just copying but actually learning
- How to test your abilities to get confirmation that you're improving
- How to create a habit out of drawing
Once you have followed along with the practice routine it will be your turn to try it out on anything you'd like. Over 30 minutes, you will learn to draw your subject by going through the following:
- Drawing warm-up (5 min.)
- Drawing from reference (10 min.)
- Drawing from imagination (10 min.)
- Fixing your mistakes (5 min.)
If you'd like to extend your routine, repeat steps 3 and 4 as many times as you'd like!
- Create a Character from any Animal (Course)
About the teacher
Hayden Aube is a designer-turned-illustrator with an obsession for how we learn. Having made many big transitions in his life and career, Hayden now channels his time into helping other artists get where they want to be. This means tutorials, coaching and several community-based initiatives. To stay sharp, Hayden maintains a freelance illustration business, creates a variety of personal projects and is always enrolled in an online or in-person course himself.