Playing with Texture
There are many different ways to add texture to vector artwork. Many involve purchasing brushes, using texture overlays or rasterizing your work. Find out how to add texture to your work that can be done all inside of Adobe Illustrator and be scaled to any size you like—just like the rest of your vector art!
What You'll learn
How to add texture to any vector artwork that:
- is created entirely inside Adobe Illustrator
- can be scaled to any size you'd like
- can be tweaked as much as necessary
- works for highlights and shadows
- looks totally awesome
For this class you will be:
- Going through the attached Shapes Exercise
- Applying the texture technique to a design in Adobe Illustrator
About the teacher
Hayden Aube is a designer-turned-illustrator with an obsession for how we learn. Having made many big transitions in his life and career, Hayden now channels his time into helping other artists get where they want to be. This means tutorials, coaching and several community-based initiatives. To stay sharp, Hayden maintains a freelance illustration business, creates a variety of personal projects and is always enrolled in an online or in-person course himself.