Level Up Your Colours
With so much information out there to learn on colour, at times it can get quite overwhelming. That’s why I’m sharing how I’ve levelled up my own ability with colour!
Instead of dumping a whole universe of colour theory on you, I’m teaching you three simple things that can immediately improve the colour in your work. All you need to do is learn the step-by-step techniques I outline and apply it to your own art. No extensive studying. No confusing terms. No problem!
What You'll learn
- Three easy-to-understand methods of drastically improving the colour in your work
- Fine-tuning colours in Illustrator
- Taking existing colour schemes and making them harmonize better
- The many ways you can use Photoshop Adjustment Layers to improve the colour of your art
Now that you are equipped with a whole new set of tools, let’s try them out!
Your assignment is to take any previous work that you’ve created (or one of the alternatives I’ve attached) and level up the colour scheme of it using what you’ve learned!
- Blending Modes Overview
- Viking Illustrator File
- Magnet Illustrator File
- Invisible Friend Illustrator File
- Make a Fantasy Weapon (Course)
- Understanding Colour Modes (Article)
- Output Levels (Article)
- Curves (Article)
- How I Work With Colour (Article)
- GIMP (Software)
About the teacher
Hayden Aube is a designer-turned-illustrator with an obsession for how we learn. Having made many big transitions in his life and career, Hayden now channels his time into helping other artists get where they want to be. This means tutorials, coaching and several community-based initiatives. To stay sharp, Hayden maintains a freelance illustration business, creates a variety of personal projects and is always enrolled in an online or in-person course himself.