Isometric Design for Beginners
Isometric Design is everywhere—illustrations, icons, video games, etc. And, while working in 3D can sometimes be overwhelming, it doesn't have to be! No matter your skill level or what program you are using this class is sure to start you off right with the wonderful world of isometric design.
What You'll learn
- the fundamentals of working in the isometric perspective
- creating an isometric sketch
- how to set up your document
- converting flat shapes into perspective views
- working with different stroke weights
- how to easily change the colours of your entire piece
- all sorts of tips and tricks for working in Adobe Illustrator
You'll even be getting a set of super cool actions for Adobe Illustrator that's going to make typically repetitive tasks a thing of the past.
Create an isometric design of an object from around the house.
This could be an appliance, an electronic, a piece of furniture—anything. My recommendation is that for your first piece you choose something that is quite boxy but of course, anything is possible :)
- Awesometric Illustrator Actions
- Isometric Template Ai File
- Printable Isometric Paper
- SSR Method Instructions for non-Illustrator users
About the teacher
Hayden Aube is a designer-turned-illustrator with an obsession for how we learn. Having made many big transitions in his life and career, Hayden now channels his time into helping other artists get where they want to be. This means tutorials, coaching and several community-based initiatives. To stay sharp, Hayden maintains a freelance illustration business, creates a variety of personal projects and is always enrolled in an online or in-person course himself.