Adobe Illustrator: Give the Pen Tool a Day Off
Make beautiful, complex shapes without the Pen Tool
The Pen Tool is one of the most powerful components to any vector editing software—and Adobe Illustrator is no exception. Sometimes however, its use can be quite time-consuming. That's where this course comes in.
There are countless ways to create shapes and paths in Adobe Illustrator that have nothing to do with the pen tool. Oftentimes the solutions are quicker, easier and look better than if you actually did it by hand.
What the 3,000+ people who have taken it are saying
"Such an interesting class!! It was awesome to be given alternatives to the pen tool, and it's not a topic that many other people cover."
"As someone who uses Illustrator everyday, even I learned some amazing tricks that I didn't know. Great refresher course for anyone who uses this program"
"This class is a fantastic way to look at Illustrator from a different perspective... there's so much to learn and experiment with beyond the pen tool! You'll learn very useful tips and techniques, and all the explanations and examples are very clear and detailed."
Why learn on Happy Faces on Everything?
- Every course has been created with the intention of helping designers improve their illustration skills. If that's you and what you're looking for, you can't get more specific than that.
- I don't believe you need hours upon hours of video to learn a technique. In fact, I've gone to great lengths to make these courses succinct and to the point—this way you spend less time watching and more time making.
- The best way to learn is by doing. Because of this, every course includes a class project designed to have you truly internalize what you're learning.
- I know that not everyone can take an in-person art course. So in order to bring that useful knowledge to you, I continue to be a student myself. Armed with this education, I distill only the necessary information into what you'll find on this site.
- There is a community of 400+ to look to when you're stuck. So while you may be watching the course on your own, you certainly have classmates to turn to.